Invitation / Post Card Requirements
- Logo: please provide it in vector format (EPS, AI or PDF).
- Text for the postcards: all text content has to be provided by the client.
- Style of the invitation/Post card: feminine, formal, whimsical, etc. If you have a website or any marketing material, it will be helpful to see them so I can create a consistent look.
- Images: if you have any images you would like to use, make sure their resolution is at 300dpi. If you don’t have your own images, I have access to a large database of stock photos we can use on the designs I produce. These images are royalty free and they have no cost for you, as long as we use them in designs made by me. If you want to have a look, go to www.shutterstock.com. And finally, if you need a photographer I may be able to recommend a few good ones.
- Dimensions and printing requirements: although in the printing industry there are some standards, each printing company has specific requirements. It is vital to have these requirements prior to creating your invitation/postcards so the work doesn’t have to be done twice.
- Initial deposit: I request an initial deposit of 50% to start working on the design.
- I send you an initial design for the invitation/postcard.
- You send me your feedback.
- If the initial approach is not what you have in mind I will create a new design. Or I tweak the first one, prepare color variations and send a new sample.
- We repeat steps 1 to 3 until we find the one you like.
- I make the final touches, final color changes and any other tweaks.
- You approve the design.
- I prepare the files for printing, according to the specifications provided.
- I send you the files after receiving the final payment.
The time to design a invitation/postcard depends on how fast we communicate as I depend on your feedback to create each new design. Ideally I should have the whole content ready before starting the design. Samples are usually sent within 1 – 2 business days after receiving the initial briefing or the feedback. As an average, postcards are ready to print within 3 weeks.
I work with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. The final source file will be an AI, PSD or EPS file. I will provide JPG and PDF for visualization during the design process and a PDF, EPS or high resolution JPG for professional printing (according to the printing requirements) and any other image format you might need.